By Felissa R., PhD, RN, FABMGG Lashley,Jerry D., PhD, RN, FAAN Durham
"This new paintings updates the extremely popular first edition...and is both very good. It bargains a wealth of well timed information regarding numerous rising and reemerging infections...This is a superb reference for someone drawn to rising infections, and may be a necessary source for future health technology scholars, specifically these in nursing and public health....Highly prompt. Upper-level undergraduates via professionals/practitioners."--Choice
Emerging, re-emerging, and antibiotic-resistant infectious ailments proceed to extend at an alarming expense through the international. Written for quite a lot of overall healthiness execs, really nurses, this revised version offers a accomplished and updated review of those ailments: their epidemiology, medical manifestations, prevention, and therapy.
With contributions by means of a multidisciplinary crew of nurses, physicians, and infectious sickness experts, the ebook comprises fabric at the newest and demanding new rising infectious diseases:
- Avian influenza and SARS
- Issues of demographics and microbial resistance
- Special subject matters, together with bioterrorism
- Behavioral and cultural factors
- Infectious etiologies of persistent diseases
- Travel and leisure exposure
Each bankruptcy is abundantly illustrated with scientific case examples to illustrate the pitfalls in differential prognosis and elucidate right administration and therapy. priceless appendices offer serious reference details for every of the bacterial, viral, fungal, and parasitic diseases.
By Abhaya Indrayan,Martin P. Holt
Concise Encyclopedia of Biostatistics for clinical Professionals specializes in conceptual wisdom and useful recommendation instead of mathematical information, bettering its usefulness as a reference for doctors. The ebook defines and describes approximately a thousand often and never so common biostatistical phrases and techniques prepared in alphabetical order. those diversity from basic phrases, equivalent to suggest and median to complex phrases similar to multilevel versions and generalized estimating equations. Synonyms or replacement words for every subject coated are indexed with a connection with the topic.
By Bernard Lo,Marilyn J. Field
Conflict of curiosity in clinical learn, schooling, and Practice presents a complete examine clash of curiosity in drugs. It bargains ideas to notify the layout of rules to spot, restrict, and deal with conflicts of curiosity with out destructive confident collaboration with undefined. It demands either temporary activities and long term commitments through associations and members, together with leaders of educational clinical facilities, specialist societies, sufferer advocacy teams, executive enterprises, and drug, equipment, and pharmaceutical businesses. Failure of the scientific neighborhood to take convincing motion on conflicts of curiosity invitations extra legislative or regulatory measures which may be overly vast or unduly burdensome.
Conflict of curiosity in clinical learn, schooling, and Practice makes a number of thoughts for strengthening clash of curiosity guidelines and curtailing relationships that create hazards with little gain. The ebook will function a useful source for people and organisations dedicated to excessive moral criteria in all nation-states of medicine.
By Margarete Sandelowski PhD RN FAAN,Julie Barroso PhD ANP APRN
Designated a Doody's center Title!
Written for graduate-level scholars and college in healthiness care technology disciplines, this guide might help you combine the findings in reviews of fundamental qualitative experiences in addition to extrapolate the equipment and strategies used to create a qualitative examine synthesis.
Using reviews of experiences in domain names of analysis and throughout habit, social technological know-how, and perform disciplines, this guide may also help you:
- Locate qualitative learn synthesis in qualitative learn, examine synthesis, study usage, and evidence-based practice
- Locate the qualitative learn synthesis company in studying and writing practices
- Differentiate qualitative examine synthesis from other kinds of inquiry
- Formulate major examine difficulties and reasons for a qualitative study synthesis study
- Design credible qualitative examine synthesis experiences that healthy to be had resources
- Conduct complete searches for fundamental qualitative learn studies in a objective area of inquiry
- Conduct sensible value determinations of those qualitative learn reports
- Compare and classify findings throughout qualitative study reports
- Select methodological ways acceptable to the content material and type of the qualitative learn findings
- Use qualitative metasummary and metasynthesis innovations to combine qualitative examine findings
- Optimize the validity of qualitative examine synthesis studies
- Present the result of qualitative learn synthesis reviews in potent, audience-appropriate ways
By Ashraf Mozayani,Lionel Raymon
Existing chapters from the 1st version have generally been up-to-date and transformed to mirror new information or contain greater tables and diagrams, in addition to to incorporate contemporary medications and formulations. contemporary references were inserted too. The guide positive aspects additional fabric on illicit drug use, with a brand new bankruptcy tackling the topic that covers cocaine, amphetamines and hashish, between others. The part at the valuable worried approach additionally bargains with a couple of medicines which are abused illicitly, similar to benzodiazepines, opiates flunitrazepam and GHB, whereas so-called 'social' medicinal drugs equivalent to alcohol and nicotine are nonetheless mentioned within the book's part on environmental and social pharmacology. Focusing as ahead of on precise rationalization and incorporating either pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic drug interactions, this e-book will remain a lodestar for future health and forensic execs in addition to students.
By Aviva Petrie,Caroline Sabin
Medical information at a Glance is a concise and available creation and revision reduction for this advanced topic. The self-contained chapters clarify the underlying options of scientific facts and supply a advisor to the main widely used statistical procedures.
This re-creation of Medical statistics at a Glance:
- Presents key evidence followed by way of transparent and informative tables and diagrams
- Focuses on illustrative examples which express data in motion, with an emphasis at the interpretation of machine facts research instead of advanced hand calculations
- Includes large cross-referencing, a finished word list of phrases and flow-charts to enable you to opt for acceptable tests
- Now offers the educational ambitions for every chapter
- Includes a brand new bankruptcy on constructing Prognostic Scores
- Includes new or extended fabric on examine administration, multi-centre experiences, sequential trials, bias and varied the right way to eliminate confounding in observational reviews, a number of comparisons, ROC curves and checking assumptions in a logistic regression analysis
- The better half site at www.medstatsaag.com includes supplementary fabric together with an intensive reference record and a number of selection questions (MCQs) with interactive solutions for self-assessment.
Medical records at a Glance will attract all scientific scholars, junior medical professionals and researchers in biomedical and pharmaceutical disciplines.
Reviews of the former editions
"The extra usual i've got turn into with this ebook, the extra I relish the transparent presentation and unthreatening prose. it really is now a important better half to my formal facts course."
–International magazine of Epidemiology
"I heartily suggest it, particularly to first years, yet it is both applicable for an intercalated BSc or Postgraduate learn. If information provide you with headaches - purchase it. If information are all you think that about - purchase it."
"...I unreservedly suggest this e-book to all clinical scholars, specifically those who dislike studying reams of textual content. this is often one e-book that won't sit down in your shelf gathering dirt upon getting graduated and also will functionality as a reference book."
–4th yr scientific Student, Barts and the London Chronicle, Spring 2003
By Karl J. Field,Amber L. Sibold
By Arcady R. Mushegian
- Presents an historical review of genome biology and its achievements
- Includes issues no longer coated in different books comparable to minimum and ancestral genomes
- Discusses the evolutionary resilience of protein-coding genes and widespread useful convergence on the molecular level
- Critically stories horizontal gene move and different contentious issues
- Covers comparative virology as a a bit of missed beginning of contemporary genome science
By George F. Vande Woude,George Klein
By Melvin Scheinman